Scripps Howard Foundation is supporting a paid internship for CABVI's 14th Annual "Know You Can" 5K, which will be held on Sunday August 11, 2013 at Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum. This internship is only for undergraduate juniors and seniors at Northern Kentucky University, University of Cincinnati and Xavier University who are majoring in communications, marketing or public relations.
Internship responsibilities include coordinating all aspects of 5K including:
- Work with PR consultant to write, distribute & follow-up on press releases
- Corporate & Media sponsor benefits coordination
- Corporate team coordination
- Publicity & poster/flier distribution to increase attendance
- Secure in-kind gifts for supplies needed for race
- Working with Volunteer Services Manager to secure volunteers for event
- Liaison with Spring Grove Cemetery staff
- Logistics on race day
- Coordinate appropriate follow-up after race. Prepare all post-event reports.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Intern will also participate in a volunteer orientation to become knowledgeable about CABVI's services.
Required skills/training include good communication, written and organizational skills; ability to work independently; experience with computer programs; and interaction with people with disabilities preferred.
Internship period runs May through August and is 200 hours in length. There will be reimbursement for reasonable travel expenses in connection with the race.
This internship is for undergraduate juniors and seniors students at Northern Kentucky University, University of Cincinnati and Xavier University who are majoring in communications, marketing or public relations only. Please do not apply if you already have a full schedule of activities, school and work. Students with the required skills who are interested in learning about philanthropy, non-profit organizations, adding work samples to their portfolio and making a meaningful work contribution should apply. Students should be prepared to provide writing samples if interviewed.
Contact Kathy Gottschlich, Director of Development and Community Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cincinnati Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired is located at 2045 Gilbert Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202. Phone: 513-221-8558. Website: www.cincyblind.org.