Annually, CABVI conducts a campaign to raise operating dollars for the current year. Gifts of cash contribute important funds to provide rehabilitation, counseling, or information services during this year.
CABVI also appreciates gifts of stock or other property. Gifts of appreciated stock can result in tax benefits for the donor. The full fair market value of the stock can be tax-deductible and the donor is not required to pay capital gains on the donated stock.
MONTHLY GIFT PROGRAM
CABVI's newest giving opportunity is our Monthly Gift Program. You can have a monthly donation of $10 or more charged to your Visa or MasterCard. You may change or cancel your contribution at any time. Charges will be made on the first of the month. To begin donating through the Monthly Gift Program, or for more information, call 513-221-8558.
HOW DOES YOUR GIFT HELP?
- A gift of $25 can help provide a lesson in cane travel so an adult can get to work.
- A gift of $50 can provide a radio receiver to keep a listener informed of current events.
- A gift of $100 can help prescribe low vision aids (magnifiers) so a visually impaired person can read mail or pay bills.
- A gift of $250 can provide instruction in adaptive homemaking skills so a retired adult can continue to live at home.
- A gift of $500 can provide computer training to help a young adult develop job skills.
- A gift of $1,000 can help the family of an infant who is blind learn how to promote the child's development.
CABVI also offers honorary and memorial gifts to honor friends for special occasions or to commemorate friends through a memorial gift.
If your employer has a matching gifts program, consider recommending the Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired to match your gift and increase the contribution to an organization you support.