Date Posted: January 1, 2017
* * ARE YOU LEGALLY BLIND AND SEEKING AN EXCITING NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY? * *
Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI) is seeking talented, highly-motivated, legally-blind candidates to join the CABVI team as Contract Close-out Specialists. CABVI anticipates multiple openings in 2017 as part of an expansion of its Contract Management Support (CMS) operation at the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) installation in Columbus, Ohio and Richmond, VA and also at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH.
Check out this short video for an introduction to the CMS program and the work done by Contract Closeout Specialists :
ABOUT THE POSITION…
Contract Close-out Specialists work as part of a team of blind and low vision personnel to perform the day-to-day operations necessary to prepare federal government contracts to be “closed out.” The principal responsibilities of the position include:
- Completes contract close-out process by following standard operating procedures and instructions from the CMS Supervisor.
- Contacts agencies, manufacturers, and contractors to acquire written payment history through electronic or verbal means. Determines if obligated funds match required payment on the contract, or if there is an opportunity to de-obligate funds.
- Prepares closeout documents for Contracting Officer to review and approve
- Completes daily and weekly reports to track metrics throughout the close-out procedure.
- Performs administrative tasks include the use MS office, Access, Excel, Word and other programs in performance of job responsibilities.
Applicants interested in the Contract Close-out Specialist position should meet the following requirements:
- * * Applicants must be legally blind and a U.S. Citizen * *
- A four-year degree (B.S. or B.A.) is preferred, but applicants will also be considered with a two-year degree and equivalent on-the-job training and work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel).
- Proficiency with screen-magnification software, if needed (e.g. Window Eyes, ZoomText).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Must be team oriented, have a strong work ethic, and be able to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
CABVI is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering comprehensive services to people who are blind or visually impaired. Located just minutes from vibrant downtown Cincinnati and beautiful Northern Kentucky, CABVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Group and Supplemental Life Insurance, Accident and Critical Illness, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick, personal leave, and flexible scheduling.
Columbus, Ohio is the third fastest-growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest, connecting the energy and amenities of a vibrant metro region with the access and opportunities of a tight-knit community. Columbus is home to fifteen Fortune 1000 companies, six Fortune 500 companies, 20 colleges and universities, and an atmosphere that nurtures innovation and entrepreneurship. For patrons of the arts, Columbus boasts more than 100 art galleries, 18 museums, dozens of annual festivals and cultural events, and world class performing arts groups. The city is home to 55 three-star or better restaurants, 87 golf courses, major arenas that attract big-name shows, unique shopping districts, and so much more. Sports fans can take advantage of major league hockey, soccer, AAA baseball, PGA and LPGA events, and The Ohio State University’s athletic events!
An economically progressive city and Virginia’s capital, Richmond offers a wealth of amenities not easily found among other east coast municipalities. Nationally recognized for its vitality, Richmond’s diversified employment base extends from chemical, food and tobacco manufacturing to biotechnology, semiconductors and high-tech fibers. The city consistently ranks among “Best Places to Live and Work in America” in several national publications.
Richmond is among a handful of mid-sized cities to offer a flourishing cultural community enhanced by several first-class museums and prominent universities, its own symphony, professional ballet and opera, numerous theater companies and art galleries. While offering easy access to the ocean, mountains and Washington, D.C., Richmond features countless pastimes at home. Trendy boutiques and restaurants, numerous sports and entertainment attractions, outdoor pursuits among one of the nation’s largest river park systems, and a treasure trove of historic landmarks provide many entertainment opportunities.
Known as The Birthplace of Aviation and so much more!, Dayton is home to the Wright Brothers, the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park, the Wright family mansion Hawthorne Hill, the National Museum of the U.S. Airforce (the world's largest and oldest military aviation museum and the state's most visited free tourist attraction!), and Wright Patterson Air Force Base where scientists and engineers at the Air Force Research Laboratories are developing the latest in aerospace technology. Dayton/Montgomery County, located at one of the busiest crossroads of America, where I-75 north/south meets I-70 east/west, also boasts an international airport serviced by the major carriers. Accesible, affordable, Dayton/Montgomery County offers world-class attactions, diverse accomodations, fantastic arts and culture performances, beautiful parks with bike and recreation trails, a variety of sporting venues and events, plus fabulous shopping and dining.
How to Apply…
For consideration, please complete our accessible online application & submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
CABVI, Attn: Human Resources
2045 Gilbert Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace