Date Posted: 3/10/2017
About the position…
The Facilities Maintenance & Safety Assistant position is responsible for maintaining both CABVI Cincinnati facilities in non-production areas; facility repair projects and inspections. Responsibilities will include assisting HR and Operations with the CABVI safety program.
- Provides preventative maintenance based on the required frequencies of the following scope of work: Lights, Ceilings, Entry Doors, Overhead Doors (light repair), Safety Eyewash, Electric Water Heater, Fire Protection, Emergency Lights, Fire Extinguishers, Roofing (light repair), Sliding Fire Door, Backflow Checks, Dock Leveler, Sump Pump (below elevator), Restroom Inspection (light repair of fixtures), Assembly of Kit Furniture
- Provides general building maintenance which includes but not limited to the following: Doors, Lighting, Shelving, Cages, Painting, Drywall Repair, Plumbing and Electric
- Maintains cleanliness and appearance of the CABVI facilities including entrances, exterior sidewalks and parking lot.
- Acts as the Safety Assistant, working with HR and the Director of Operations to schedule safety committee meetings, record minutes, and follow-up on safety action items in a timely manner. Attends all required safety meetings and training seminars.
- Schedules and assists in all Fire and Tornado Drills as well as Armed Intruder training.
- Abides by OSHA Safety Compliance procedures in all job related duties. Maintains Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Hazmat, Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) and other OSHA related documents. Implements safety requirements to insure that all facilities meet OSHA standards.
- Assists in emergency clean up in accordance with OSHA guidelines.
- Responsible for all room set-ups as required.
- Assists in quoting and negotiating minimal purchase orders for certain suppliers and coordinating their work.
Applicants interested in being considered for this position should meet the following requirements:
- At least five years of experience in related maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and procedures for SDS, LOTO, Bloodborne Pathogens, First Aid and HazMat.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively and carry out instructions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
CABVI is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering comprehensive services to people who are blind or visually impaired. Located just minutes from downtown Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, CABVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Group and Supplemental Life Insurance, Accident and Critical Illness, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick, personal leave, and flexible scheduling. For more information on CABVI, please visit our website at http://www.cincyblind.org
How to Apply…
To apply for a position at CABVI, please complete our accessible online application.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
CABVI, Attn: Human Resources
2045 Gilbert Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace.