Industries Program Position
Date Posted: May 1, 2016
In line with our agency's mission, priority will be given to blind and visually impaired individuals. Applicant must provide documentation of blindness.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Industries Program supervisor. The Inflight Assembler is responsible for the repetitive packaging of dining kits, which include a napkin, fork, spoon, knife, salt & pepper, and other items wrapped in a napkin and packaged together.
- Assembles dining packets by packaging the proper components according to customer specifications and Industries Program standards for quality, production rate, and safety.
- Maintains a sanitary and orderly workstation.
- Performs other tasks, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications: (including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, licenses, certifications, and other characteristics)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively and carry out simple instructions
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Ability to continuously move hands and arms in a repetitive motion
- Ability to grasp individual dining packet components
- Light industrial indoor manufacturing environment with minimal exposure to noise or other occupational hazards. Job functions are performed at a seated workstation. In accordance with sanitation requirements for Inflight products, a hairnet must be worn at all times and hands must be washed and/or sanitized before contact with raw materials and after all meal and break periods.
CABVI is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering comprehensive services to people who are blind or visually impaired. Located just minutes from vibrant downtown Cincinnati and beautiful Northern Kentucky, CABVI offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Group and Supplemental Life Insurance, Accident and Critical Illness, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, sick, personal leave, and flexible scheduling.
How to Apply…
For consideration, please complete our accessible online application & submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
CABVI, Attn: Human Resources
2045 Gilbert Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace