Date Posted: 4/20/2017
About the position…
Cincinnati Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired (CABVI) is a private not-for-profit agency with a long and respected tradition of offering employment and services to people who are blind or visually impaired. CABVI is ISO 9001 Registered.
CABVI is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of its rich tradition of diversity in hiring.
CABVI is seeking to fill a Manufacturing Equipment Support II position. This is a full-time position in a union environment. This person has the responsibility for the maintenance and set-up of production machinery for the Industries Program of CABVI. This position reports to the Industries Program Supervisor. The pay rate for this position is $19.60/hour. This rate is set by a contract and is not negotiable.
- Provides assistance with efficient and accurate machine changeover on production equipment as assigned. Performs precise adjustments of settings requiring the use of measurement and calibration tools.
- Provides assistance with efficient repairs on equipment as necessary to ensure minimal downtime.
- Completes periodic maintenance servicing on production equipment as assigned and in a timely manner.
- Abides by OSHA safety compliance procedures in all related job duties.
- Completes facilities projects and building maintenance/repairs as needed, including, but not limited to painting, minor electrical work, and plumbing.
- Mechanical repair and equipment setup experience is required, along with proficient knowledge of CNC and servomechanisms.
- The ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical drive components, diagnose and correct mechanical failures, and perform basic electrical testing.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and procedures for MSDS, LOTO, and HazMat.
- Knowledge of forklift operation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly.
- Positive attitude and sense of humor a must.
How to Apply
To apply for a position at CABVI, please complete our accessible online application and attach a resume.
CABVI is an EEO M/F/Disabled/Veteran employer. CABVI is a Drug-Free Workplace.