Here are the instructions to set up any Echo Speaker:
- Double check that your Echo is plugged in and turned on.
- Do you have a connection to a reliable Wi-Fi network? Make sure to have the network name and password.
- Do you have a smartphone or tablet? If so, download the “Amazon Alexa app.” Or, if you have it downloaded already, ensure that it is updated to the latest version.
- Sign in with your Amazon account.
- Once your Alexa is turned on, you must then say “Alexa, Open Cincinnati Radio Reading Services.” This should prompt the skill to read an informational disclaimer.
- To skip the disclaimer immediately say “Alexa, listen live” or “Alexa, play the podcast name of your choosing.”
- To hear our categories of shows, say “Alexa, play the directory.” This command will bring up the different genres offered by Radio Reading Services. Next, select your desired category and subsequently your desired podcast.
- To navigate through the directory quickly based on genre you can say “Alexa, play the directory of Newspapers/Magazines/Special Programming/Youth/Grab Bag/Health and Wellness/Entertainment.”
- If you desire to pause your broadcast at any time, you can say “Alexa, pause.” To resume, you can say “Alexa, resume.”
- If you have already chosen a specific podcast through Cincinnati Radio Reading Services and desire to switch to a different podcast entirely you must say “Alexa, Open Cincinnati Radio Reading Services” and then “Alexa, play the podcast name of your choosing.”
- If you have already chosen a specific podcast through Cincinnati Radio Reading Services, and wish to navigate within that podcast you can play the next article by saying “Alexa, play next.” To go to a previous date, say “Alexa, play previous.” Note: not all podcasts have multiple articles.
Note: As you more frequently open the skill and command Alexa to Open Cincinnati Radio Reading Services, you will be able to interchange verbs like play/enable.
Questions? Contact Jennifer Holladay at 513-487-4237.